Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Lots of Progress

Chris and I had such a busy Saturday. I'm still tired from all we got accomplished!  The morning started while I was taking the dogs out for their morning walk.  I'm an early bird so I was up before Chris.  I checked out the neighborhood garage sale while out on my walk.  I have to admit I had high expectations because we watched a show about Yard Sales on Friday night where people were selling good things. I was not impressed.  It could have been the collection of NSYNC dolls or the overpriced ugly nik naks! I went home to get some coffee brewing and was surprised that Chris woke up at about 7:30 (this is very early for him on a Saturday morning).  We both walked back over to the yard sale.   The closest thing we saw to wanting was an overpriced dart board for the man cave.  Oh well . . .better luck next time!

We later decided that we wanted to go furniture shopping.  We started that adventure at Homegoods.  It was my first visit.  OMG!  I loved it there.  We got some good ideas and disagreed on a hideous rug (Chris thought it was awesome)!  We will definitely be going back there.  http://www.homegoods.com/

The night before I had read a post on Craigslist about a sale in Mount Pleasant. The best way to describe this place would be a warehouse full of unwanted items.  If you buy something online or in a catalog and then send it back to the company, they sell it to companies like this.  We specificallly went there for a TV mount for the screened in porch ($15) but also got our built in trash can unit ($20) for the kitchen. We got good deals here and will definitely keep an eye on their website. http://tidelandstrading.com/

 
We also went to our first Estate sale on Saturday.  We didn't find anything we liked and we blame that on our timing.  We didn't get there until late morning on Saturday and the sale started on Friday at noon.  While we didn't have success there, if we try that again we will go when it first opens. 
 
 
 
We spent some time at Stuckey Furniture. I believe that went a little like this . . . I saw something I liked and looked at the pricetag and then said, "Damn!" I especially liked a gong they had at the front of the store.  How cool would that be to put that in the foyer and then everyone gong when they walk in the house!  It can be yours for only $740!!
 
Chris has been telling me about this mattress made by Serta and we decided to go to the mattress store to see it.  It was very comfortable but the sales person was clueless on the pricing and really frustrated us both.  We left there and went to Relax the Back.  My Dad had recommended we go there to look at mattresses.  This store is awesome and we found the mattress we want for our bedroom.  Now we just need to find the money to pay for it because it is going to be expensive! Here is the mattress from Relax the Back (not a Serta). 
After walking away feeling like we had gotten a lot accomplished with finding our future mattress, we headed to a place called Next to New.  It is an upscale furniture consignment store.  They had good stuff but nothing we need for the house so that was let down since we were hoping to score a deal there.  My Dad also suggested we head to Restore (Habitat for Humanity).  We arrived and they literally closed the doors in our face since it was closing time.  I had been wanting to go to Stein Mart so we quickly headed over there and I got a great idea for my office while in there.   My office will be a Bama themed room.  I'm trying to keep it as classy as possible. (think black desk and book cases  . . . red and black rug . . . houndstooth chairs with black magazine rack and then crimson/red curtains).  I found a decorative ceramic or fiberglass or some kind of material Elephant that will go perfectly with my theme!  I'll buy him after closing and call him Al!
 
We left Stein Mart and headed to our lot which was not far away from where we were in Mount Pleasant.  We turned the corner and saw . . .
 
 
. . . Tree movement!  YAY! 
 
Here is Chris after he realized Kelvin was able to remove the sweetgum tree that was half on our property and half not on our property. 
 
 
While we were at our lot, I found out that someone I went to high school with will be my neighbor.  What a small world it is! 
 
We left the lot and headed to another Craigslist pick up for another rug. 
 
 
 
My Dad also bought us a rug while he was in NC last week so that make 3 rugs that we have for the house. 
 
Here are three pictures.  The first one is from Saturday, then a Monday picture and lastly the most recent picture that Chris took today. 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment