Saturday, September 29, 2012

Meet my Editor

Chris has decided he wants to edit my blog.  He is editing it for spelling, grammar, and accuracy of the stories.  I hope this makes you feel better about the information in the blog (insert sarcasm).  I do need to clarify 3 things from my last blog that were inaccurate.  Thanks Editor Chris!  1) The tree I referenced in my last post near the screened in porch was not a pine tree but an oak tree.  My apologies to all the Oak and Pine tree nation.  I hope I did not offend.  2) I referenced the bat insulation that had to be used above the fireplace and two of the tubs.  My Editor noted that it was above the fireplace and behind the tubs.

Last night I had my first solo Craigslist adventure!  Whoa - I know!  I was very nervous.  I know what you are thinking, Amy that is dangerous you should have sent Chris.  Here is why I could not send Chris.  We saw a rug we loved about a week ago.  Chris typically will find something and show it to me and then we decide if we should contact them to make an offer.  Chris typically gets my opinion before he starts to haggle but I really don't get that involved in the price negotiation. Last weekend, Chris must have really offended this lady when he made a weak offer on her rug because she would not email him back.  After a few days of no responses from her with an increased offer, he asked me to contact her on Wednesday.  I did and she stated the rug was still available (proof she was ignoring Chris).  I made a deal on the rug and set up the pick up.  I was nervous that Chris would open his mouth and tell her who he was during the pick up so I did not allow him to come.  I scheduled a pick up time for the rug and was told that her husband would meet me at her house.  He opens the door and I introduce myself.  (this is my first solo pick up so I was relieved to see he looked like a normal man that did not want to kill me)  He did not look so comfortable.  He said, "Oh - I was expecting a man."  I really wasn't sure how I should respond to that statement.  I had only communicated via text so I'm not sure why he assumed I was a woman.  Am I the first woman to do a solo Craigslist pick up?  He invited me in the house to see the rug.  I followed him to the sunroom as he told me his boss was out.  I thought it might be some joke about his wife being his boss but I couldn't tell if he was joking.  Then we get to the sunroom and I saw the rug.  I made a comment that it looks like they never used it. He replied with a statement about him not living there all the time which really confused me.  Was this her husband or her personal assistant?  WTH!  I decide this is getting really awkward and I just need to get out.  I told him that it looks great and I'd like to buy it.  I asked him if I could help him roll it up and he stated he had it.  He gets on his hands and knees and while rolling up the rug starts singing hymns.  I was very perplexed at this point and thought that maybe he was scared of me and thought I might hurt him so he started singing hymns.  I told him that I was going to put my seats down in my car and get my car ready for the rug.  He said, "Ok" and I quickly hurried outside.  The poor guy comes out of the house with this big 8 x 10 rug and can barely carry it but so nicely helped load it into my car.  It is an absolutely beautiful rug and so happy that we got it.  However, it was quite an experience. 

Now  . . . where should we put it?


I tried to get a kitchen aid mixer this week for $65.  (If you don't know, they regularly sell for $330 to $500.)  However, I was too late and she sold it before I saw the ad on Craigslist.  I'm still on the hunt for a Kitchen Aid Mixer.  I'm sure I'll find someone on CL that got one for a wedding gift and never uses it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment