Thursday, October 18, 2012

House Update

It's been a few weeks so I haven't had a chance to update everyone on how the lot is coming along and the latest on our shopping. 

We stopped by the lot last Tuesday before we left for New Orleans.  Here is what we saw. 


We got a message while we were out of town from Kelvin that they were sending out soil samples and getting the lot ready for plumbing.  He also mentioned that we were not far from concrete being poured.  Everyone tells you that as soon as the concrete gets poured the building takes off. 

Chris has gone by the lot 3 times this week and here are some pictures. 


MONDAY - Who knew we would be so excited to go from trees to a pile of dirt!

 
WEDNESDAY - We went to flat dirt.  If you haven't built a house yet, you don't understand the excitement and probably think we are crazy.  Everyone who has built told me they got excited over all the small changes because those changes over time mean you are closer to your completed home.
 
 
THURSDAY - Here is where you really think I am crazy because you probably don't see the changes from the picture above.  :) There is change . . . I promise. 
 
Chris and I are headed over to the lot together on Sunday.  It will be our weekly ritual to see the progress and see the progress on our neighbors houses as well.  I'm sure we'll have more pictures then. 
 
We've done a bit a shopping since my last blog.  We bought a dining room table which is in 5 pieces (not including the chairs) in our hall and kitchen right now.  I'll try to find a picture of it (its another Craig's List find).  It is beautiful!
 
 
 
Chris went to an estate sale the day before our wedding and bought 5 beer signs for the man cave.  Here are 4 of them.  The other one is a lighted sign that is in our storage unit right now.  I'll take a picture of it later. 
 
Here are some things we bought while we were on vacation! 
 
 
You may remember that my office will be a classy BAMA theme.  I bought this picture at Bamaland in Tuscaloosa.  Ignore the corner protectors and plastic.  I will get it framed in a black frame to match the furniture in the office. I love it!!
 

We found this in a shop on Decatur Street in New Orleans.  We loved it and thought it would go well in the Dining Room. It will also always remind us of our honeymoon! :)
 
This picture is sideways but I'm too lazy to edit it right now.   This is a trivet that we found in another shop in New Orleans.  I prefer trivets over hot pads so this will go well in our NEW kitchen.  I can't wait to use it. 


No man cave is right without a Bourbon Street sign! 


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment