Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Time

This week our kitchen has finally started to come together. Chris sent me a text with a picture of the cabinets as they were being installed yesterday! I was in love but I can now tell you that I'm more in love since I've seen them in person.

We typically visit the house on Sundays but since we will be out of town we decided to go on our way out of town. This week they installed the locks on the doors so we now have to go during the times the sales office is open. I got to wear a pink hard hat today. I love it much more than the blue ones.

When we arrived they were working on installing all of the lights, switch covers and plug covers. I'm sure they'll get that done by the end of the day.

This week they installed the A/C and Heating unit, all of the cabinets and the marble counter tops for the bathrooms. They cleaned all that nasty water out of the bathtubs and at some point the sound system guy came and connected all of the surround sound in the living room and bonus room. They have prepared the steps for the railing and hard wood to be installed.

We are not sure how we feel about the marble in the guest and master bathroom. It looks much better in the bonus bathroom because we got plain white cabinets in that bathroom. The distressed look of the cabinets and the white marble don't seem to jive well but we'll see how it looks when it is finished. Worst case scenario is that we'll add installing new bathroom countertops to Chris' project list.

We are not going to see the house again until either Jan 1st or 2nd so I'm expecting a lot of changes in the next 10 days!

I'll be using this blog to write about the Bryant Family Vacation (think National Lampoons) which starts bright and early Christmas morning. We will be taking 3 RVs and 10 people to Williamsburg VA and Washington DC. Check back to enjoy some humor at my expense.

Here are some pics from the house this week.















































No comments:

Post a Comment