Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Shopping, Windows, Shopping, Lights, Shopping, Donuts, More Lights, and More Shopping

If I gave you a review of what happened last week, I could sum it up with two words.  Shopping and Electrical!  Almost all of the electrical work was completed last week.  (I think they actually finished up with it today.)  We had our first issue with Ryland but they were able to fix what we needed taken care of.  There was a miscommunication during the design center time about what lights were standard and what lights were extra.  Long story short we got it all worked out thanks to Chris working with the construction manager (Kelvin) and our realtor (David). 

I mentioned in my last blog that we went shopping on Sunday of last weekend.  We ended up buying some things for the house from Bed Bath and Beyond and starting our Christmas shopping.  We got another picture for the house and a lot of kitchen gear (pizza stone, cutting boards etc).   We went to Michael's to get my painting of Al (the elephant) framed.   That was quite an experience because Chris has never gotten anything framed. They were having a 75% custom framing sale and when the price came back at over $200 I thought Chris was going to fall over. It was quite entertaining.  The best part of it was when I laid the painting on the counter the guy looks at me and says, "You must be an Alabama fan."   It is going to look awesome and I can't wait for it to be done!  It should be done this weekend.  Here it is still in the plastic and without framing. 
During the week last week, we did some shopping at Best Buy.  We thought we were going to have to sit outside of Best Buy on Thanksgiving night like some of those crazy people.  However, we found out that the things we wanted were only going to be $10 cheaper on Black Friday.  Chris also found a better TV deal during a one day online sale on Wednesday so that saved us from having to fight the madness for a doorbuster ticket on Friday.  Overall, we bought a new TV, soundbar and a blu ray player.  I also had to splurge while I was at Best Buy and buy the 2nd season of Walking Dead.  Love it! 

Thursday night after our Turkey Day time with our family I did a little online Black Friday shopping.  I also got my sister's to get me a few things at Target and Kohl's that were not online.  (Waffle Maker and Frames) Chris and I attempted to go to Kohl's at midnight on Black Friday to buy my Kitchen Aid mixer.  However, the line was over a mile long and it was 39 degrees.  We drove around the parking lot with our seat warmers on and looked at everyone standing in line.  We then drove by Best Buy to see the long line there.  We both said how thankful we were that we got that online deal on the TV or we would have been standing in that line.  We went home at 12:07 and went to bed. 

Friday morning we started our Black Friday shopping at 8:30am with a trip to Home Depot.  They had ceiling fans and ladders as doorbusters.  I'm not sure why we bought 3 ladders.  LOL.  We won't be able to decorate for Christmas this year because everything is in storage and we have no room in the house right now so we bought a .99 cent poinsetta to be our Christmas tree.
Next we went to Kohl's to get my Kitchenaid mixer.  We got an awesome deal on it and I have already used it.  :)   Kohl's was the longest line that we had to stand in during Black Friday. It was 10 minutes.  I didn't care what color we got so Chris picked the color (fire engine red)! 

We left there and went to get donuts and coffee for the guys doing the electrical work at the house.  It was really cold that day and they really appreciated it.  We met the rest of my family at the house so they could see it.  My sisters, brother in law and nephew had not seen it yet.  The last time my Daddy had been there it was just dirt.  I didn't take any pictures on Friday while we were there.  Here is a picture that Chris took when he was there on Wednesday.  We have windows and doors installed!! :)


While we were at the house, the guys doing the electrical work allowed us to customize the switches in the living room and kitchen (which switch turns which light on).  That was very nice of them to do and we appreciated them. 

We are very excited about one of the Black Friday deals we got at Rooms to Go.  We have been looking for an entertainment center for a few months.  We found one that we really liked at Rooms to Go.  We've been waiting to see what kind of deals they would have around Black Friday.  We were aware of most of the Black Friday deals because of the Black Friday websites and apps.  However, I was very suprised to open the paper on Thursday and find out that Rooms to Go was doing a BOGO on gift cards.  Buy one $100 gift card and get one $100 gift card free.  We decided to take my Daddy and Franklin with us to buy 4 gift cards so that we would have enough for the entertainment center when we are ready to buy it. 

After we had some lunch with my Daddy, Franklin and Rivers, we headed over to Kirkland's.  We bought another painting for my office, a small step stool for the kitchen, and this cute Buddha frog for the front porch.  He is packed up right now but I can't wait for you to see him!  I also found a cute red solo cup koozie in Houndstooth just in time for the SEC championship!

We went home after Kirkland's because we had no more room in the car for anything else.  We stopped at Homegoods and Sam's Club on our second round of shopping but didn't find anything that we had to have that day. Overall we had a good first Black Friday shopping day.  I will admit that while I have no interest in going Thanksgiving night, the deals we got on actual Black Friday were worth getting out.  Traffic was not that much worse and the lines in the stores were not bad at all! 

Chris went by the house today to find Santa Claus came a little early.  Our fireplace was delivered today!

Chris had the pre insulation meeting with the Construction Manager, Kelvin, this week.  Insulation should be done this week and then drywall should start by Monday.  Once the drywall goes up, we are about 55 days out from being able to move in. 

We'll go for another visit on Sunday and I'll be sure to take more pictures!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment